Bespoke Domestic Abuse training for your organisation
With over 1.9million people in the UK experiencing domestic abuse year on year,
we are committed to raising awareness & educating professionals & the public
- Our trainers are experts in developing and delivering training tailored to the needs of your workplace.
- Our training sessions range from 1 hour to full day using real-life case studies, videos and thought provoking exercises.
- We can offer training online (with live interaction with the facilitator ) to enable more people to access it – less time away from your day job
- Training is suitable for everyone from the support staff to the CEO in your organisation.
Following attendance delegates will have knowledge to:
- Help spot the signs of Domestic Abuse with colleagues and clients
- Provide the appropriate response to disclosures
- Understand the challenges of leaving an abusive relationship
- Understand the impact on domestic abuse in the workplace
- Know how to support victims & keep them safe whilst at work
- Know initial safety planning and how to signpost to specialist services
We bring a wealth of experience and frontline knowledge directly to you, to help you understand the complexities of domestic abuse and unhealthy relationships.
MK -Act Domestic abuse training sessions.
There is one to suit everyone!
- Domestic Abuse- Awareness & Supporting victims experiencing Domestic Abuse
- Domestic Abuse – Focusing on the child
- HBV and Forced Marriage
- Stalking and Harassment in the context of Domestic Abuse
- Freshstart- An insight into the Perpetrator Programme
- Tailored awareness for Teams
Why you should invest in Training about Domestic Abuse
Domestic abuse is everybody’s business, and this includes employers.
1in 4 women and 1in 6 men will suffer domestic abuse some time in their lives – and yet we think it is something that happens to ‘other people’.
Everyone at work knew. They must have done. I arrived late, left early, and was constantly checking my phone. He came to my office a few times and demanded to see me. It was so embarrassing, I’d say anything to make him leave.
– Sophie*, survivor of domestic abuse
Domestic abuse is something that will impact almost every workplace. However so few employers have adequate policies or training about domestic abuse.
Here’s some feedback from previous training:
- Thank you for providing the training, it has certainly given myself and my colleagues a lot of information to take away and review how we can implement it in the workplace.
- The software seemed to work well. I would have no concerns about using this method for training again.
- I really enjoyed this module and learnt a great deal that will be useful in my day to day work.
- All in all it was very informative and was presented well and I would definitely recommend it to others.
- I wanted to say thank you for the training and information This was a very useful session which I am to share with colleagues
To find out more about how we can help, or enquire about a bespoke package for your workplace, contact Amanda Training@mk-act.org
What other support can MK ACT offer?
We can help support Public and private sector organisations to recognise that domestic abuse will impact their workforce and take the positive action to support those who may be suffering in silence. Taking responsibility for the wellbeing and safety of their staff. This requires training, resources and leadership
We have supported organisations of all different sizes and from different sectors to improve their response to domestic abuse.
Some of the practical help we have given to employers includes:
- Developing a domestic abuse policy that is fit for purpose
- Creating an environment that facilitates talking about domestic abuse, and building a culture of sensitively and appropriately raising concerns
- Developing a network of trained Domestic Abuse Champions within your organisation
Please don’t be offended but we do charge for our training. It takes time and effort to prepare, but it is competitively priced and worth it!
If you are a smaller voluntary organisation, we understand the challenges of funding – don’t let costs be a barrier to learning. Get in touch and we will see what we can do!
Please get in touch if you would like us to speak at your event or conference: