MK Act is a charity in Milton Keynes which works with over 100 families’ everyday to help them move on from fear and abuse. We have been providing safe emergency accommodation in Milton Keynes for women and their children escaping domestic violence for over 30 years.
* Over 2 women a week killed by partners or ex-partners.
* 1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 men in the UK will experience domestic violence in their lifetime.
Please note calls are low cost and in confidence. For support or to discuss your options call:
Helpline: 0344 375 4307
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
0808 2000247 National Domestic Violence Helpline (24 hours)
If you feel at risk don’t be afraid to call the police: 999
MK Act offers:
- Accommodation and Follow-up Services
- Emergency refuge accommodation for 28 families
- Specialist support for children in the accommodation service
- Volunteer counselling service in the refuge
Crisis Intervention Service: a single point of referral which ensure clients tell their story only once.
Specialist advisors offer information as well as emotional support. Access to health, housing and legal advice and further support from other parts of the service.
IDVA (Independent Domestic Violence Advisor) Service offers specialist court support.
A local charity that provides quality support services to families experiencing domestic abuse.
Registered Charity No: 1011284
Company No: 2249151