MK ACT are very grateful for any support whether it be financial or items to support families suffering from domestic abuse. This year we would particularity love funds to pay for some trips (to the seaside, a local farm etc) to enrich the lives of the children we support who may not otherwise get to experience these things or have these happy family memories.
1. Last Resort Fund
Our priority this year is to raise money for our Last Resort Fund, as the fund is running out. It helps us save lives and get help to people quickly.
An example of what the money you raise for the Last Resort Fund goes on:
• £5 buys a panic alarm
• £10 buys someone who is suffering from domestic violence a new sim card so they can keep themselves safe and call for help. Some of the people we work with have never had access to their own phone before.
• £15 pays for a family to flee their home where they are experiencing domestic violence and takes them to the refuge.
• £25 buys emergency food for a family fleeing domestic abuse.
• £100.00 supports personal development / education opportunities.
• £200.00 goes towards Play Therapy to help children affected by domestic abuse.
To donate or for more information on fundraising, please email Lolly@mk-act.org
The next thing that would be really useful to us is supermarket, high street shop or activity vouchers. These would be so useful for the families we support whether it be to be able to buy food, clothes or so we can take the children from the refuge to do an activity (cinema, bowling etc).
To donate a voucher please email Lolly@mk-act.org
To drop off/postal address:
• MK ACT, FAO Lolly Marlborough, Acorn House, 381 Midsummer Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 3HP
3. New Items to support families
We are currently in need of the following items:
The following New and Unused Toiletries:
Breast pads, maternity pads, paper maternity knickers , body oil/body butter, shampoo, conditioner, body wash/shower gel, soap, body puff, face cream, body cream, deodorant- spray and roll on, face wipes, tooth paste, tooth brush, tampons, sanitary towels with and without wings, hand cream, lip balms, hair brush/comb, hand and face towels, nail clippers
New Clothing Items:
New knickers in all sizes, new pyjamas, new baby and children’s clothes
We would like to make up packs for families moving out of the refuge so any of these items would be useful: washing up liquid, bleach, toilet cleaner, j cloths, scourers, polish, washing powder, dusters etc
If you would like to donate any of the above, these can be dropped off to MK ACT at Acorn House from Monday to Friday 9am till 4.45pm. Please remember to leave a note with your name and email address and organisation.
• MK ACT, Acorn House, 381 Midsummer Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3HP
Second Hand Furniture:
We are also grateful of donations of your unwanted furniture to help set up a new home for people fleeing domestic violence. To donate something please email details of what you’d like to donate to: email@example.com
If we have a family in need of those items we will respond within 7 days. Unfortunately, due to storage we can’t accept every kind donation.
We are overcome by the generosity of people in Milton Keynes! We are currently at capacity with second hand clothing so will need to pause donations of these items for a little and will let you know when we can receive these again. Our urgent need is funds, so please do consider giving financially or doing some fundraising for us. http://www.localgiving.org.uk/mk-act
Thank you so much you’re your kindness and thinking of the families MK ACT supports.
All the team at MK ACT
MK ACT Charity No: 1011284