An established charity providing domestic abuse support services within Milton Keynes.
Complex Needs Worker (37.5 Hours)
We have an exciting opportunity to work for our organisation providing a high quality service as a Complex Needs Outreach Worker to support those who experience Domestic Abuse (DA). Your role will be to work intensively with clients who have complex needs to support them in accessing services. Part of your work is to empower our clients, keeping the safety of them and their children central to their interventions. We are looking for an individual who is committed to working in a multi-agency setting, which is fast paced. You will be joining our caring, strong and hardworking team.
This post is a fixed term 1 year post (maybe extended dependent on funding). The aim of this post is to work with those clients who are experiencing Domestic Abuse but who are hard to engage and need support into specialist services and therapeutic services due to their additional needs including substance misuse and mental health.
The main tasks of the job will be to:
- Engage and advocate with clients who are experiencing DA but have additional complex needs to reduce their risk and increase their safety.
- To provide intensive support to your clients and to support them into services for e.g. Drug and Alcohol and Mental Health.
- To work closely with other agencies to develop pathways for your clients to facilitate smooth and quick referral routes to ensure they get the support they need when they need it
- To work closely with other agencies creating a coordinated multi-agency approach for your client and also encouraging referrals from other agencies and having improved engagement from your clients with other agencies.
- To refer and provide therapeutic intervention’s for your clients for e.g Freedom Programme and Counselling.
- To be able to show clear outcomes for your clients for funders
MK-ACT is an equal opportunities employer committed to quality, equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. This post is subject to safer recruitment procedures and regulations and an enhanced DBS check and is open to female applicants only under Schedule 9 (Part 1) of the Equality act 2010.
This post is being offered as a full time post
Salary scale: £ 24,512.00
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Work Pattern: TBC, but may require some evening work.
You will be based across the MK-Act Offices within Milton Keynes, working out of the Crisis Intervention Team, but due to the nature of the work most of your time will be within the community engaging with clients.
We require a Complex Needs worker who has a broad knowledge of DVA and experience of working with harder to reach groups. It is desirable you will have experience of working with those who have substance misuse and mental health issues but also have a therapeutic/psychology background. Our ideal candidate will be able to work in creative ways to engage with this client group and be able to work on their own initiative but also seeking support from the team when required.
Closing date: Monday 10th February, 10am Interviews: TBC
For an application pack please contact: Rebecca@mk-act.org
This post is funded by the Thames Valley Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner