I’m being abused – what shall I do?
If you are being abused, it may help to remember this:
- You’re not alone. One woman in four is abused during her lifetime.
- You don’t have to deal with this on your own.
- The abuse is not your fault.
- You cannot change your partner.
- Domestic violence is against the law.
For support or to discuss your options call free and in confidence:
- 0344 375 4307 MK ACT(9-5pm Monday-Friday)
- 0808 2000247 National Domestic Violence Helpline (24 hours)
If you feel at risk don’t be afraid to call the police: 999